Newly Qualified Nurse, September 2020 - Sutton | The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Dependent on role|
|Closing date:||22 February 2020|
|Location:||Sutton, SM2 5PT|
|Company:||The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust|
Nurse Recruitment Day, Sutton
Wednesday 11th March 2020 - 09.00 am – 4.00 pm
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5PT
We are seeking to employ Newly Qualified Nurses who have an interest in Oncology and want to make a difference to our cancer patients.
We run a twelve month comprehensive Preceptorship Programme as we recognise the transition from student to staff nurse can be challenging. We will guide you through this process to ensure you are supported, develop the confidence, knowledge and skills required to excel as a staff nurse.
Please note: Applicants will only be selected for the hospital they attend.
Here are a few reasons you should join us;
• We're outstanding again! –The CQC has rated The Royal Marsden as 'Outstanding' in four of our five domains - effective, caring, responsive and well-led.
• Our quality of care– we have an overall patient experience rating of 9/10, the highest score for any Trust (Care Quality Commission Inpatient Survey 2015)
• Our commitment to our nurses– we provide our nurses with the training, support and staffing levels that enable them to provide the best care to patients
• Our breadth of nursing roles– our nurses work across all aspects of nursing, including general oncology, critical care, theatres, ambulatory care, paediatrics, haematology, private care and in the community
• Our international leadership– from establishing the first worldwide Clinical Nurse Specialist roles to The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures - the go-to reference for nurses worldwide - The Royal Marsden has been at the forefront of innovation in nursing for decades.
• Award Winner– The Royal Marsden has won ‘Best UK employer of the year’ in 2018 at the Nursing Times Workforce Summit Awards.
• Development Opportunities– we offer a broad range of learning and development opportunities including the Critical Care Course for which 60 credits are awarded. Access to our leading education specialists at The Royal Marsden School as well as being affiliated to Kingston and St Georges London University.
• Reward & Benefits– generous Staff Benefits and Rewards programme, such as season ticket loan, cycle to work and car lease schemes, discounted gym membership, weekly yoga and fitness sessions, massage, osteopathy and many more.
We have opportunities in the following areas based in Sutton:
• Bud Flanagan Wards (Haemato-Oncology)
• Kennaway Ward (Male Adult General Oncology)
• Paediatrics and Young Adult
• Robert Tiffany (Private Care)
• Smithers Ward (Female Adult General Oncology)
The day commences at 9.00 am with an introduction from our Senior Nursing team, followed by a short assessment and interview. Successful candidates will walk away with an offer on the Day!
Don’t delay submit your application today, click the apply button.
For more information about nursing at The Royal Marsden NHS Trust please visit our website
This advert closes on Sunday 23 Feb 2020
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.