Youth and Families Engagement Worker
|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Closing date:||22 February 2020|
We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth and Families Engagement Worker, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing all Youth and Jewish Care Family engagement activities across Jewish Care Resources for 0-20 year olds, including developing the intergenerational portfolio of activities for JC tots, JC Juniors and JC Youth engagement opportunities.
This opportunity is full time permanent and salary will be commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing:
• Ensuring all Youth activity across Jewish Cares resources are delivered to a high standard in a safe way, following Jewish Cares’ safeguarding policies and ensuring careful planning and organisation.
• Working closely with colleagues to develop the portfolio of intergenerational activity across Jewish Care Resources with the support of the Community Engagement Manager.
• Developing and growing the portfolio of Jewish Care Family Activity: JC Tots (0-5 year olds), JC Juniors (6-10 year olds), JC Youth (11-18 year olds)
• Building strong relationships with external stakeholders, examples include: Youth Movements, Nurseries, Primary and Secondary Schools, Synagogues, with the view to create a presence in the community.
• Organising assemblies and youth engagement opportunities in community settings
• Developing and delivering training to young volunteers and families to an organisational standard
• Attracting, engaging and retaining young people to keep them involved in Jewish Care.
• Promoting the work of Jewish Care and ensure positive media is achieved through internal and external mediums to raise the profile of young volunteering opportunities
What you’ll need:
• You are educated to degree level or have equivalent experience in community work and youth work and have experience of working in a youth setting and developing activity programmes.
• You will have an ability to adapt presentation styles to a varied audience, have a strong work ethic, and excellent time management and organisation skills
• You will be committed to providing programming and activity at times suitable to the Young People’s needs (to include evenings and weekends where appropriate)
• You will be enthusiastic, motivated and have a passion for working with young people and families
• You will be able communicate and engage with young people and families in group and individual settings
For further information and a full job description or an informal discussion on this exciting opportunity please email our recruitment team email@example.com.
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 dayâ€™s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the communityâ€™s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.