|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Closing date:||20 February 2020|
|Location:||Ipswich, IP2 8AL|
|Company:||Spider Web Recruitment|
Design Engineer - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful world-class manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, based at Rendlesham, Suffolk, who is seeking to recruit a Design Supervisor or Graduate Design Engineer to their Design Engineering Team. With this being a variant role, i.e. with the company ideally looking to recruit a Supervisor into the team, it would also suit a more recently qualified, Graduate Engineer. Either type of person will be looking to deepen their experience within the Design Engineering Team, thus contributing to the continued growth of the business overall.
Key duties include:
- Providing design support (hydraulic & mechanical) to the operations teams across the business.
- Analysing various hydraulic requirements and providing solutions within pre-agreed guidelines, using historic test data and company experience.
- Hydraulic evaluation of customer enquiries and orders is a key part of the role, along with completing contractual documentation.
- To have 3D CAD modeling skills to enable them to create new designs and produce detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Running various Research & Development (R&D) projects, both project managing and hands-on testing, as required.
- To be capable of taking ownership of multiple tasks and of bringing projects to a successful conclusion.
- Innovation, research, and development are critical to these roles. This is a major way in which the Company can develop intellectual property and thus, competitive advantage in the marketplace. This will be a major factor in helping the Company achieve its medium to long-term business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Some previous experience of supervising within an engineering department, although this is not essential.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar/equivalent qualification or be close to completing.
- Ideally, some experience in working within a similar role for 2-3 years.
- Desire and ability to help the Company keep at the leading edge of technical excellence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Using spreadsheets at an advanced level to assist with analysis, and assessing the mechanical integrity of components using FEA, would be beneficial
This Design Engineer position is a Full-Time position. In the longer-term, should the successful candidate have not had some previous supervisory experience, this could develop into a departmental supervisory role. In return, a competitive salary is offered that will match the successful candidate's skills and experience, as well as excellent benefits including contributory pension scheme, profit-related pay-(performance dependent), 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays), on-site parking, company events & social working hours.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Design Supervisor, Graduate Design engineer, field engineer, design graduate, engineer supervisor, design engineer, CAD, hydraulic
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.