Bank Night Senior Support Worker
|Posting date:||23 January 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||22 February 2020|
|Location:||Raunds, NN9 6DX|
Our Senior Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones.
You will work together with, mentor, and coach the team in ways which ensure good practices are developed and maintained within the Service, and that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in a care setting is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 2 or above qualified in Health and Social Care.
The skills you’ll need
- Be able to provide the Support Workers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans. You will support their well-being through observation and empathy by responding to their needs.
- A good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you will need to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.