Senior Care Assistant
|Posting date:||22 January 2020|
|Salary:||£18,973.5 per year|
|Closing date:||21 February 2020|
|Location:||Flitwick, MK45 1BE|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Senior Care Assistant
Salary: £9.70 per hour
Working hours: 36 hours over 7 day rota
(Required to work alternate weekends - 2 week rolling rota)
• Days - 8am-8pm – 12 hour shifts
Are you caring, compassionate and looking to make a difference to people lives?
Do you strive towards excellence and respect?
Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Caring, Kind, Compassionate and Thoughtful individuals to join our outstanding team as Senior Care Assistants. Our Senior Care Assistants are at the heart of our Homes and are integral part of our service. You will be working within a people-centred environment, providing first class care to our residents.
- Providing direct person centred care to all residents, promoting their individuality and dignity at all times.
- Assisting residents with social activities by interacting with them, encouraging them to continue with or take up new hobbies and activities such as those organised by the Activities Coordinator or assistants
- To lead, support and mentor the team of care assistants on shift and support the nurse on duty to organise and supervise their work
- Performing, reporting and recording, following training, clinical observations of residents’ temperature, pulse, breathing, height and weight. Obtaining urine, stool and sputum samples, as requested by the GP or RGN in charge. Performing simple urinalysis following training
- 28 days annual leave
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines
- Able to demonstrate specific knowledge of clinical care
- Care home or caring experience
- Willing to undertake further training
Baycroft Flitwick in Bedfordshire is the superb location chosen for this luxury Home. Residents will be able to rely on 24-hour personalised care tailored to their individual requirements and help to ensure their move is as seamless as possible. Baycroft offers 4 different types of care including residential, nursing, dementia and respite. You will be able to work acro ss all units, to help develop your knowledge and get to know all types of residents.
Our aim is to develop a service adjusted to the individual needs of each resident and a place where they are proud to call home. We have luxury homes offering the highest levels of support to its residents through personalised Nursing and Dementia care.
We would love to hear from you, please apply!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.