|Posting date:||14 February 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive + benefits|
|Closing date:||21 February 2020|
|Location:||Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LB|
|Company:||Kier Group Plc|
Location: Exeter / Bristol
Business Area: Highways - Design Services
Application closing on 18th February 2020.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Management of forecasts and accruals monthly on Kier systems.
- Responsibly for ensuring accruals and forecasts are accurately reported.
- Monthly project progress reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
- Project programmes (Microsoft Project) are monitored.
- Frequent and accurate reporting to line management on all aspects of a programme.
- Attendance at monthly client design liaison and progress meetings.
- Co-ordinate, manage and lead the successful day to day delivery of the projects.
- Plan and define project steps, scope project risks and issues, establish programmes, review milestones and priorities.
- Capturing project requirements, in terms of scope, programme, budget and risk
- Developing and implementing a management plan for the project from handover to completion.
- Maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation: ensuring that relationships are developed and maintained, thus enabling productive, two-way communication with all key stakeholders.
- Managing the risks, issues and changes on the project;
- Prepare project and programme reporting information for all key stakeholder groups
- With manager, maintain and improve programme information management system to enhance control and confidence in delivery of the programme and budget.
- Good degree of computer literacy - Microsoft Office packages especially excel
- Experience in the use of spreadsheets
- Able to engage effectively with staff at all levels and with different technical understanding.
- Ability to prioritise in order to meet tight deadline.Well-developed interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication and conflict management.
- Strong change management ability to deliver successful outcomes for internal change projects.
- Experience in programme management
- Use of Microsoft projects
- Experience in lean techniques
In reward for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary and market leading benefits package including:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to our valuable pension scheme Matched up to 7.5%
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and
- Payroll Giving schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping
- Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.