QC Lab Technician
|Posting date:||21 January 2020|
|Salary:||£19,000 to £22,800 per year|
|Closing date:||20 February 2020|
|Location:||Cheshire, CH65 1AJ|
QC Lab Technician required, based in Cheshire West. Experience of QC testing in a chemical or materials manufacturing environment essential. Background in Chemistry, Engineering or Materials Science ideal.
Title: QC Lab Technician (Shifts)
Location: Cheshire West
Salary: £19,000 per annum + 20% shift allowance
Term: Long term temporary with a view to permanent
My client is an international company specialising in the production and modification of crude oil products for industrial application. With their busiest period over the summer months, they are now looking to hire a QC Lab Technician, initially on a temporary rolling contract but with a view to a permanent role. This role will work on a 3-shift rotation, conducting routine physical testing on raw materials and finished products, supporting the production team as needed. It would be ideal for someone with at least an A Level qualification in Science and some experience of QC gained in the chemicals or materials industry.
Benefits: Immediate start, weekly paid role in a busy testing environment, with opportunities to also be involved with development projects, technical support and product compliance. Long term temporary contract with potential to move onto a permanent contract. 24 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays. Full training provided on days to start.
Shift Working hours: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am
Role / Description
- Preparation and dispatch of standard samples
- Conducting quality control tests on raw materials and finished products to ensure within specification and fit for purpose
- Testing includes: hardness testing, softening point, viscosity, moisture content, break index, particle size analysis, fluorescence microscopy
- Taking daily tank samples for testing
- Providing test data to operations and sales teams
- Carrying out lab housekeeping, equipment calibration and COSHH record maintenance
- Supporting product development, product registration and compliance in low season
- Previous experience of QC testing in a chemical or materials manufacturing environment, e.g. oils, lubricants, coatings, paints, speciality chemicals, polymers, plastics, adhesives, cement, bitumen, etc.
- Minimum A Level in Science subject
- Must have own transport and relevant licence (no public transport links to site)
- Able to work independently and act with honesty and intergrity
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, testing, physical testing, analysis, laboratory, technician, chemist, coating, paint, lubricant, polymer, plastic, oil, lubricant, bitumen, asphalt QC , viscosity, hardness, softening point, particle size analysis,