|Posting date:||21 January 2020|
|Salary:||£350.00 to £370.00 per day|
|Closing date:||20 February 2020|
|Location:||Maidstone, Kent, me14 1st|
Are you and experienced Design Manager looking for a new freelance opportunity for 2020. If so, look no further I may have the perfect opportunity for you. A Design Manager role has landed in Kent
The Client: Tier 1 main contractor who specialise in both Commercial, Education and Leisure
Position: Freelance opportunity for experienced Design Manager reporting to the Construction Director. You will be responsible for managing the design process for defect work that has already been carried out by the Contractor as well as completing documentation for compliance at pre construction stage and through out the construction process
Your duties will include:
- Chair regular design team meeting
- Managing consultant design team
- Liaise / Meet with client, architect and consultants
- Feasibility & value engineering
- Working with pre-construction team on tenders
- Ensuring programme deadlines are met
- Review of construction design information for buildability, budget and complaint with regulations and client requirements
- Resolve design issues in a timely manger
- Managing specialist sub-contractors
- Previous experience as a Design Manager working for a main contractor
- Design & Build experience is ideal
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a large team
- Fantastic communication skills
What to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Lauren on 07920560784 for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.