Preceptorship Nurse (RMN / RNLD)
|Posting date:||17 January 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£14.65 per hour|
|Closing date:||17 February 2020|
|Location:||Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 3AA|
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Preceptorship / newly qualified Nurse (Mental Health) to join our dedicated team at our high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men at Cygnet Storthfield House.
Cygnet Storthfield House is a 22 bed hospital specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for men. It provides state-of-the-art facilities and a multi-disciplinary treatment programme designed to assist service users with their return to independent living. Adjacent is 15 The Sycamores, a four bed step-down service for men who are ready to move to a more independent lifestyle.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations.
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality. Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
• Open, compassionate, honest & resilient preceptorship / newly qualified Nurse (Mental Health) that is able capable of maintaining documentation and undertaking audits.
• Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices. Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk.
• Able to help empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you:
•A high quality work environment with strong career progression opportunities within the region and nationally, including into management roles.
• RCNi membership.
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support.
• Free meals on duty.
• 50% NMC renewal fee paid by Cygnet annually. Enrolment on our dedicated Preceptorship programme.
The programme includes:
- Support from Cygnet’s Preceptorship Development Manager.
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor, Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general).
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month.
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month.
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the Cygnet group. Excellent training opportunities
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years..
Cygnet Storthfield provide a full multi-disciplinary programme that includes; occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training, offering service users the opportunities and support they need to stabilise their condition and enter society with a renewed sense of enthusiasm and optimism.
At Cygnet Storthfield House our services offer more than just specialists and treatments. We value service users as people, help enhance their interests and abilities, encourage them to share their views and help them unlock their talents and aspirations.
Are you a Preceptorship / newly qualified Nurse (Mental Health) that is ready to make a positive change?
CQC overall rating "Good"
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.