Part Time Airside (Ramp Services) Agent/Baggage Handler
|Posting date:||06 February 2020|
|Salary:||£9.99 per hour|
|Closing date:||06 March 2020|
|Location:||London, CM24 1QW|
We’re now recruiting for our Summer 2020 program, it’s a great opportunity to join the worlds largest and leading ground Handler who is proud to be working with such global brands – Emirates, one of the worlds most luxurious airlines, British Airways, Britain’s flagship carrier, Air India – India’s national airline, Pegasus, one of Turkeys largest airlines, TUI who we all know is one of Britain’s largest tour operators and many others.
We are also the only handling agent at Stansted Airport who handle multiple aircraft types ranging from a small propeller aircraft, Saab 340 right up to a Boeing 777-300 ER.
If you’re passionate about aircraft, airports and a team player then we have fantastic part-time at Stansted Airport. You will be working 1100-1500 shifts on a rotating 4/2 roster pattern.
Previous experience in a manual handling environment is desirable but not essential as we offer excellent in house training for all roles, once fully trained there will be numerous progression opportunities to further your career.
We also offer great employee benefits such as reduced fares on public transport, free parking, discounted holiday travel with brands such as Expedia, discounts in airport shops, restaurants and preferred currency exchange rates.
If you are passionate about aviation and want to be part of our friendly and dynamic team offering the highest levels of service then apply now.
Ramp Services Agents provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International AG, on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 282 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.8 million tons of air cargo at 115 warehouses world-wide. With a workforce of some 66,000 the world’s leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling is active at more than 310 airports in 49 countries on six continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience."