Full-Time RMN - Weaver Lodge
|Posting date:||28 July 2020|
|Salary:||£13 to £16 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||£13.57 - £16.82 per hour|
|Closing date:||12 August 2020|
|Location:||Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 3DT|
|Company:||Alternative Futures Group|
As a leading Learning Disability and Metal Health Charity, we provide healthcare and support for people with serious mental illness along a recovery pathway influenced by a psychosocial intervention framework. We assess, plan, implement and evaluate in quality driven healthcare records.
We ensure the people we support can move along a pathway towards independence at their own pace and build their coping and lifestyle skills gradually within a therapeutic environment.
We are looking for nurses who share our values and are committed to driving the organisation’s purpose through the shared vision of our people.
Responsibilities include: -
• To take charge of the service in the absence of the Clinical Lead and Senior Nurse Practitioner to ensure its smooth running and that standards of care are maintained
• To assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes with service users, and to ensure that support is provided in accordance with individual plans for the people we support
• To establish and maintain good relationships between the people we support, relatives and staff
• To ensure the delivery of an individualised treatment plan for the people we support
• To deliver on medication management as per the company Policies and Procedures for Medicine Management, NMC and The Care Quality Commission
• An interest in mental health rehabilitation and promoting independence would help, however, skills can be transferred across from other professional training.
• You may be involved in clinical reviews with our Responsible Clinician and liaise with GPs, MDTS and families. A full Supervision/Appraisal approach will be available. Daily support and guidance is available from peers and supervisors.
Required Skills and Experience
- You will need to hold a current Registered Nurse, Mental Health qualification and ideally have experience of working with service users along a pathway to promote their independence and manage their own mental health.
- Candidates must have a valid NMC Pin Number
- Knowledge of the MHA (1983) would be an advantage. However, updated training will be given.
- Work to a shift pattern over 7 days, including rotated night shifts.
- Be able to delegate duties and lead a team of Support Workers on shift.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and utilise Person Centred Approach at all times.
- Be able to work within a team and be able to use initiative and best practice
Salary and Benefits
We value our people and truly believe in making a difference through the service we provide. As well as working within a great team and a great culture, you can expect to earn a competitive salary ranging from £26,010 - £32,252 per annum dependent upon experience as well as an annual holiday allowance of 33 days inclusive of bank holidays.
Salary based on post qualification experience, pro rata depending on actual working hours -
£26,010 – Till end of preceptorship
£28,090 – Up to 2 years post preceptorship
£32,252 – 2 years or more post qualification experience
We are committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities for our staff and support newly qualified nurses through preceptorship. We also provide support with revalidation with the NMC, and ongoing professional development and career progression.
You will also have an opportunity to join our pension scheme whereby AFG will match any individual contributions between 3.5% and 5% of salary. Alternative Futures also provides an employee assistance programme and a lifestyle benefit scheme which provides you and your family with real savings on day to day purchases and leisure activities. The scheme is specially designed to fit with your home and family life, and offers a wide range of discounts that are unavailable on the high street; ranging from gift vouchers, hotels, holidays, gym memberships, car insurance and much more.
Weaver Lodge Treatment and Recovery Centre in Winsford, Cheshire, is a twenty bedded Mental Health Rehabilitation Centre. Weaver Lodge specialises in the rehabilitation of people with severe and enduring mental health conditions.
We aim to develop the skills to reintegrate successfully back into their communities with the support of a strong MDT, including an occupational therapist, Responsible Clinician and nursing team including support staff.
We pride ourselves on our community links and the support they give to ensure our service users can meet their vocational and community network needs to support them on discharge.
Weaver Lodge has up to a two year pathway that promotes discharge from day one. We have a full assessment route for both the nursing and occupational therapist team that is reviewed within the MDT and goals set in collaboration with the service user on a monthly basis.
There are training opportunities for all staff including mental health awareness, care certificate and health and safety as well as on the job coaching and other external opportunities.
We offer regular supervisions and appraisals to ensure consistency and support is offered to our team.
Weaver Lodge is looking for a Mental Health Nurse with the same high standards and forward-thinking skills to join their team and develop their clinical skills by using evidence based practice as a standard delivery model.
Nurses at Weaver Lodge must be prepared to demonstrate their ability to continually develop both personally & professionally and be motivated to work towards further improving the standards of clinical care within the service. Candidates should be passionate about delivering person centred care, want to work collaboratively with the people they support and use every opportunity to inspire hope within their relationships. AFG also offer career progression within the organisation which is strongly encourage to all nurses at Weaver Lodge.
If you are looking at a Preceptorship, please let us know first so that we can advise you further.
(Although you will work most of your shifts at the above named service, you may be required to work at alternative services across Cheshire therefore all contracts state Cheshire as location).
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.