Registered Nurse - IPU – Thorpe Hall Hospice
Competitive salary, enhancements, continuation of your NHS pension.
Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference within your community?
You are invited to join us at Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice, rated as outstanding by the CQC.
We are seeking compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurses who are looking to make a difference.
About the Role:
We have vacancies which are full & part time.
Variable shifts available including days, nights & weekends on an internal shift/rotation basis.
We are very pleased to be able to accept applications to join us at this time.
The successful applicants will play an active role within our team. It's all about giving our patients the best possible quality of life. The support we offer is tailored to meet individuals'
medical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
Ideally you will be an NMC registered nurse, with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work well within a team, use initiative and have excellent communication skills.
You will also:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
Thorpe Hall is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in Peterborough. We’re here for people aged 18
and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support to patients and their families including inpatient care in our 20 bed hospice, a day service for those with long-term conditions and support in the community through our befriending, Hospice at Home and bereavement services.
• £24,755 - £27,121 pro-rata for part time, per annum
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights, weekends and public holidays
• Continuation of NHS pension
• Company pension scheme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
• Enhanced sick pay
• Referral scheme of up to £1,000
• Carer’s leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and
• Staff discounts of 15% at the Sue Ryder online shop
• Cycle to work scheme
• Staff loans and company car loans
• Free parking, tea and coffee and subsidised meals
• Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
• Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.