Personnel Security Coordinator - Hinkley Point C
|Posting date:||12 February 2020|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||13 March 2020|
|Company:||G4S Plc UKSS|
The Personnel Security Coordinator fulfils a key role in coordinating the Central Vetting Service (CVS) activities at Hinkley Point C, to enable the efficient implementation and delivery of the NNB Personnel Security Regime.The Personnel Security Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the CVS activities at HPC, the delivery and oversight of National Security Vetting and ‘Super Hubs’ throughout the Project, including deputising for the lead HPC CVS Supervisor.
Location: Predominantly site based at Hinkley Point C but the role holder will be expected to travel to other office locations in Bridgwater and Bristol.
Pay: In th region of £40-45k Depending on experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week, Mon-Fri, Office Hours
Package: Permanent contract, 25 Days leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Ensure Pre-Employment Checks including Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) applications and vetting confirmation requests are reviewed and decisions made according to the CVS Service Level Agreements and that appropriate records are maintained to ensure compliance with regulatory and business requirements;
- Process and manage National Security Vetting (NSV) requests, ensure the correct level of vetting is applied for and act as a NSV ‘Progression Officer’;
- Act as a CVS subject matter expert and single point of contact for designated T1s/Agencies/Framework Providers, including ‘Super Hubs’ and hiring managers;
- Assist with the delivery of the PerSy communications strategy;
- Provide a focal point for CVS vetting enquiries for HPC;
- Monitor data production and reports on the pre-employment and vetting casework of the SVU and CVS, including NSV cases;
- Assist in updating work instructions and personnel security processes and procedures;
- Interface with key stakeholders in the project, other vetting team members, training, HR, ONR, contractors, T1s and Framework providers as appropriate;
- Assist with ensuring regulatory requirements for security clearances on site are complied with by all staff and contractors;
- Assist in the provision of support, guidance, training and development to the SVUs and other partners;
- Assist on the delivery of audits to ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitor service level requirements and statistics as per KPI’s for the SVUs and CVS.
- Assist with pre-employment vetting forecasts and monitor SVU and CVS workloads;
- Coordinate and assist with efficiency savings in the SVUs and CVS;
- Assist with the delivery of ‘Aftercare’ and the escalation of issues as appropriate;
Skills & Competencies
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload, prioritise and manage time
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Customer Focused
- Competent IT skills with a working knowledge of MS Office & Google applications
- Degree level or similar level professional qualification
- Previous experience of vetting/personnel security processes is essential
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to adapt and remain flexible
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and committed approach with a track record of building strong, trust based relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of training and mentoring
- Ability to hold National Security Clearance
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
- Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting