|Posting date:||30 December 2019|
|Closing date:||28 January 2020|
|Location:||London, N1 8XL|
|Company:||Royal Bank of Scotland Group|
Join us as a Principal Engineer
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of design team within Personal Banking digital channels, supporting our key mobile banking and online banking platform
What you'll do
You'll be working with the Domain Lead, Product and Release Managers, responsible for determining the design and delivery approach for all of the Platform’s software throughout its life. You'll be playing a major role in the Engineering Centre of Excellence, with Principal Engineers from all Platforms and Domains collaborating to improve the bank’s overall software engineering capability.
- Work across the lifecycle, from requirements analysis to design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
- Work in a permanent Platform Team and develops a high level of knowledge of the Platform across the disciplines of business, applications, data and infrastructure
- Liaise with the Domain Architect and other key stakeholders to understand how the Domain works, how it supports business objectives and the role of the platform within this
- Improve performance continually through the ongoing evaluation and analysis of metrics
The skills you'll need
You'll need significant and demonstrable experience in software engineering, software or database design, as well as significant and demonstrable experience developing software within a Dev Ops or Agile framework where products have to be delivered to short delivery cycles, frequent deployment and continuous development. You'll also need experience of leading software development teams in a matrix structure, introducing and executing technical strategies.
You'll also need:
- Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, particularly scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance
- Significant and demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools
- An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Experience designing or implementing APIs
- In-depth knowledge of large scale database and no-SQL design and optimisation
- Experience of supplier management, particularly in procuring agencies or outsource providers
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.