|Posting date:||21 November 2019|
|Salary:||£230 to £280 per day|
|Additional salary information:||long term contract|
|Closing date:||21 December 2019|
|Location:||Gatwick, West Sussex, me14 1st|
Are you currently working in a contract that is due to end? A new Site Engineer position has come available to us, to start in January 2020. Are you looking for a role near Maidstone?
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: January 2020
- Salary/Rate: £negotiable and dependant upon experience
- Randstad CPE contact: Louise Pridmore at the Maidstone branch on 01622 357230
The Company and project
A well known contractor that work across most sectors in the construction industry who are working on various projects in the Kent area (both build and civils).
A 3 - 6 month (minimum) contract, working on a highways project in the Kent area. This client currently deal with a portfolio of civil engineering schemes ranging from access road improvements, public realm works, concrete repairs & reinstatements, water treatment works and specialist framework projects.
This is a great opportunity working with a well known civils contractor, who hold an excellent reputation in the local region.
This role will be site based with the potential opportunity to move onto other projects in the future.
You will be responsible for:
- Reporting to a Site Agent
- Setting out of areas, using drawings provided
- Quality Assurance
- Writing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Carrying out precise works to project specifications
- Keeping site records
- Ordering materials
- Liaising with site staff
- Degree / HND qualified
- Use of Total Stations or GPS
- Experience in heavy civils projects and groundworks
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly and concisely
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work within budgets and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team
£230 - 280 per day, long term contract
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.