Head of Brand Management
|Posting date:||21 November 2019|
|Salary:||£60,000.00 to £85,000.00 per year|
|Closing date:||21 December 2019|
|Location:||No Fixed Location, SW1A 1AA|
Do you know the high street food market like the back of your hand? Do you know how to manage and develop brands that lead not follow market trends? Are you passionate about enhancing a portfolio of successful food brands that deliver innovation to the market place? If so, is this your dream role?
We’re looking for a Head of Brand Management to join our Sodexo Food Platform to develop and deliver our existing and growing portfolio of over 40 brands to the market. Your role will be split across three core areas: our innovative culinary team, a team of creative brand managers and knowledgeable retail category specialists. You’ll have a great team that will need your energy and leadership to engage, motivate and inspire their thinking around brand plans and future ideation.
As an absolute expert in high street food brands you’ll have the confidence to navigate Sodexo’s portfolio through an ever-changing market. You’ll challenge the status quo, push boundaries and revolutionise our brands so we stay on top by making sure our brands are evolved so they continually meet the needs of our changing guests, guest centricity is at the heart of every brand we refresh. This will include seasonal menu refreshes, product NPD, promotional campaigns and potential changes to design and equipment. You won’t be a follower, you’ll be a leader and a trend-setter! Although a huge part of your role will be creative you’ll also need to be commercially aware and ensure that the direction your going in is profitable.
As part of your role you’ll need to be able to travel to client sites and our national offices. You’re likely to spend a proportion of your time in the South with our culinary team and brand management team. You will work with your retail category team nailing down the retail packaged goods offering so they’re on trend and aligned to the demographics and needs of each brand. You’ll focus on our brands exciting our guests with our latest sustainable products and ensure we achieve our commercial results.
This is a truly unique position to showcase your high street food knowledge through the delivery of inventive and innovative development of Sodexo’s portfolio of brands. You’ll find the role comes with its challenges and will stretch your imagination, creativity and ability to engage, empower and influence. The opportunities to advance your career in this role are endless.
No Fixed Location
£75,000 – 85,000 pa + excellent benefits & bonus
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for:
- All Service Brands which have been developed and are in deployment such as Modern Recipe, Kitchen Works & Co, Comfort Kitchen, Aspretto, Chapter & Verse, to name but a few. In total there will be circa 40 services / brands to manage under the categories of Restaurant, Modular Concepts, Coffee, Specialist.
- Ensuring that all these services are refreshed and has a calendar of agreed activity with the Marketing Directors which include, seasonal menu refresh, product NPD, promotional campaign, potential changes to design, ensuring these brands continue to evolve. All of this activity will be tracked and measured to understand whether the team has moved the needle on key KPI’s.
- You will pull on insights and market intelligence to back up the decisions which are made to ensure that we are guest centric and exceed expectations and changing behaviours around menu development and day parts.
- Drives the creation and execution of a Regional Retail strategy & deployment plan, identifying commercial opportunity regionally using fact based evidence, and ensuring effective deployment and execution on time and to financial expectation.
- Deploys Sodexo’s Global Retail strategy and its supporting tools and systems, and ensuring communication of strategy, positioning and progress to senior stakeholder groups.
- As well as leading the chefs around menu development your team will also help to support the service development team during mobilisations and pilots. As well as managing the demand for the Test Kitchen which is utilised across the business.
- You’ll be a foodie at heart and have wealth of experience working and developing high street food brands / foodservice brands to the very highest standards. You’ll be able to recognise the key retail levers to pull to ensure that the services and brands which are managed adhere to the business commercial targets.
- You’ll have strong leadership and influencing skills, amazing people management, coaching and development skills combined with the ability to communicate and articulate like a pro
- You’ll have outstanding knowledge of menu, product development and have proven track record of creativity and flair when delivering marketing campaigns
- Advanced knowledge and expertise of business-to-consumer (B2C) retail development and deployment approaches and models, pricing strategies, principles and techniques and category management
- You’ll have strong analytical skills and be highly effective at summarising complex strategies and financial performance into actionable information
- Strong experience in the design, development and deployment of consumer-driven projects and retail business fundamentals
- You’ll have a proven ability to manage projects on time, on budget and to measurable outcomes and the ability to work autonomously and to prioritise high volumes of work
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.