|Posting date:||21 November 2019|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||21 December 2019|
We are recruiting for a Shift Supervisor to join our Business Unit based at Portbury office. This is an excellent opportunity to start and develop your career into operations and in a large, fast paced organisation.
- Input of health and safety metrics on a weekly / monthly basis
- Management of company health and safety requirements including audit
- Ownership of the glide path for the sites activities
- Ability to manage the transport desk in times of holiday or absence
- HR Oracle input for all new starters and leavers.
- Raise all purchase orders required
- Complete monthly review paperwork
- Complete all weekly paperwork for accounts
- Site contact for suppliers needs and permits
- Monitoring of TSM holidays / Sickness & time in lieu
- Support driver trainers (back office)
- Possess a strong attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation.
- Be an effective communicator and able to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- A flexible, reliable and enthusiastic team player.
- You will be a well organised, self-starter, committed to getting the job done.
- Will be PC literate with strong Excel skills including formulas, pivots and lookups
- Ability to work on own initiative and work within tight deadlines.
- Will be experienced working in a busy environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.