|Posting date:||18 November 2019|
|Salary:||£25,000 to £30,000 per year|
|Closing date:||18 December 2019|
|Company:||Recruit4staff (Wrexham) Ltd|
Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturer in their search for a Design Engineer to work in their leading facility in Welshpool
For the successful Design Engineer our client is offering;
• 8.30am - 5.00pm Mon-Thurs, 9.00am - 3.00pm Friday
• Starting salary of up to £30,000 per annum
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, an additional 5 services days on offer
• Pension scheme at auto-enrolment rates
• Death in service benefit
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Free parking
• Training and development opportunities
The Role of the Design Engineer;
• Take reasonable instructions from other heads of departments or directors.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with all current and future, Company HR, Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies & ensure general housekeeping is carried out to maintain a clean, tidy and organised section
• Working on single projects and as part of a team supporting all Engineering Services dept. activities.
• Producing drawings for new products/orders and sharing knowledge with internal technical, design, manufacturing & commercial teams.
• Generation of detailed design packs for submission both internally for knowledge transfer, and externally for commercial and accreditation reasons including test sample manufacture support when required.
• Understanding and interpreting the requirements needed with Design, initial costing projections, production engineering (both manufacturing support and constant process improvement) within the life cycle of a product.
• Providing key engineering insight to a project and report monthly on all projects.
• Dealing with daily internal and external Technical support requests received verbally, written or electronic including when required offsite attendance.
• Provide drawings to clients and third parties, when requested/instructed by manager.
• Produce comprehensive Solidworks data and design packages to enable DriveWorks projects to be implemented within company processes.
What our client is looking for in a Design Engineer;
• Proficient working with 3D Solid Works or another relevant 3D package (Solidedge, ProE etc) to produce innovative and creative design work.
• Design/Drawing office experience essential.
• 5 years steel fabrication/manufacturing experience essential
• AUTOCAD is advantageous
Alternative job titles;
Design Engineering, CAD Engineer, CAD Technician, Product Design Engineer, AutoCAD, 2D, 3D
Welshpool, Newtown, Oswestry, St Martins, Shrewsbury, Halfway House
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.