|Posting date:||15 November 2019|
|Salary:||£19.50 to £20 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||Paid Breaks and Bupa Beenefits|
|Closing date:||15 December 2019|
|Location:||London, London, nw11 8na|
|Company:||Bupa Care Services|
Bupa Care Homes - Registered Nurse
Heathgrove Lodge (North London)
837 Finchley Road, London, NW11 8NA
£19.50 per hour, paid breaks and Bupa benefits
Full-time and Part-time contracts available
For CV application please email or call Emma on 07568606312
About the role
In what is a tremendously diverse role, you'll lead, motivate and generally bring out the best in our Heathgrove Lodge team. Offering clinical guidance and training to your colleagues, you'll ensure they're equipped and inspired to deliver the very highest standards of care.
That care starts with the detailed assessments you'll complete and the individualised plans you'll develop for each resident - ensuring that not only are their physical needs met, but their emotional well-being is supported and their social needs are too.
On a practical level, you'll ensure our working practices are safe and conform to all the relevant regulations and legislative standards. But like every member of the team, you'll know that providing great care means constantly looking beyond the established way of doing things for opportunities to do things even better.
As an organisation, we're focused on continuous improvement. And that's something we'll expect you to strive for as well. Not least because, doing the job you do, you'll be perfectly placed to suggest the kind of changes that would have the most positive and profound impact on our residents' lives.
What you'll need
- A passion for caring for the elderly and infirm, and for helping people maintain their dignity and independence
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes
- A clear understanding of NMC Codes of Conduct and a genuine commitment to expanding your professional expertise
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
- RN status and a valid NMC PIN
What you get in return
A competitive salary and benefits that include:
- Autonomy to practice
- Bupa's specially designed Nurse Pathway
- Continuous CPD and access to external scholarships and academic development
- NMC annual pin payment covered*
- Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- Re-validation Champions
- Accelerated Career Progression
- Full time, Part time and bank contracts available
- Staff referral bonus of up to £1000 per referral
- Access to employee health benefits and discounts
- Interest free travel ticket loans
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
About the home
Situated in a vibrant and friendly suburb of London and within walking distance of the local shops, cafes and restaurants, Heathgrove Lodge is an established nursing home for elderly residents. We have two well-furnished lounges for our residents to relax in, with a sun terrace looking out onto the pretty garden.
Our dedicated team of care assistants and registered nurses are on-hand 24-hours a day providing support when it's needed. We tailor the care we offer to each individual, ensuring each of our residents leads as full and active a life as possible.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.