|Posting date:||12 November 2019|
|Salary:||£50.00 to £55.00 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||Ltd co, negotiable|
|Closing date:||12 December 2019|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim, BT6 9HB|
Systems Engineer (x2 vacancies)
Belfast (10 mins from City Airport) - 6 month duration - Pay rate circa £50 p/h Ltd, negotiable based on experience
We are looking to recruit two System Engineers to work for our defence client, based in Belfast. You will be working on advanced optical aiming, battle space management, software intensive mission planning and air base command and control systems. These are complex software intensive systems and will require a proven ability of undertaking systems engineering activities on mission planning, fire control, C4I or weapon management type systems.
Specific tasking can be tailored to fit a candidate with experience of either System Requirements & Design or Integration, Verification and Validation; so we welcome applications from engineers with either background or who have full lifecycle experience.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture.
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Speciality Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with particular emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is "engineered in".
- Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution.
- Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans.
- Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
- Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
- Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
- Proven ability working as a System Engineer on complex software intensive systems.
- Working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
- Working knowledge of various Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody) desirable.
- Working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- Experience gained in either a solution design or IVV role on complex software-centric projects.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved, all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. Candidates will be able to start on a baseline security clearance with the SC application pending, so having a live SC is not required.
For candidates who are travelling to Belfast and staying away during the week our client are able to work on a compressed 4 day week - i.e. 37 hours Monday to Thursday.