Senior Systems Developer | The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||12 November 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£49,349 - £55,562 pa inc|
|Closing date:||12 December 2019|
|Location:||Sutton, SM2 5PT|
|Company:||The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust|
The Royal Marsden has an ambitious Digital Services strategy involving implementation of major enterprise solutions over the period 2019-2024. These include a new Digital Health Record in replacement of its current EPR solution, a new data warehouse, and new solutions supporting digital diagnostic services and fast, secure access to information at the point of need.
We are looking for an experienced and flexible Senior Web Developer to join our established software development team, with a strong focus on designing and developing intuitive UI for desktop and tablet (mobile) applications.
• Design and develop web applications to customer requirements, safe practice, and architectural standards
• Be a technical lead in key application areas, providing domain expertise to IT and business teams
• Liaise with wide-ranging stakeholders to ensure requirements and expectations are met
• Produce technical specifications and test plans
• Follow quality processes governing software development
Essential skills and experience
• Proven experience of leading major software development projects
• Object oriented, functional and event-driven programming concepts and design patterns
• Solid appreciation of usability concerns and good UI design
• ITIL training and practice desirable
We are looking for candidates that are:
• Skilled in clinical application design and development
• Focused on delivery to provide early value to customers
• Excellent cross-team communicators
• Highly motivated and self-reliant
• Meticulous about attention to detail
• Flexible and approachable
• Enthusiastic about software and healthcare IT
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced IT professional with an enthusiasm for healthcare IT and a motivation to make a difference through innovative web applications, in support of pioneering research and patient care.
This advert closes on Tuesday 3 Dec 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.