85 - Technical Developer (Courses)
|Posting date:||12 November 2019|
|Salary:||£35,731 to £42,100 per year|
|Closing date:||12 December 2019|
|Location:||Peterborough, Eastern England|
|Company:||Construction Industry Training Board|
eLearning Expert – Technical Developer – Permanent
CITB is the Industry Training Board and a partner in the Sector Skills Council for the construction industry in England, Scotland and Wales. Representing every part of our industry, we shape how training is delivered and funded to meet the UK construction sector’s evolving needs.
Applications are welcomed for the role of Technical Developer – eLearning within CITB Product Management.
CITB Product Management is responsible for many of the CITB key products; ensuring they are aligned to industry needs, have maximum impact, and continue to develop as the industry and technologies evolve. These products include a successful suite of Site Safety Plus (SSP) courses aimed at operatives through to senior managers supporting them with the skills needed to progress through the industry.
As Technical Developer – eLearning, you will join a team of subject matter experts supporting the ongoing review and development of CITB products, as well as the development of new products and in particular supporting the digital implementation of a learner management system and the supervision of the creation of a suite of eLearning courses.
As the Technical Developer in eLearning you will hold an essential and pivotal role which will see the successful candidate supporting the development, design and implementation of Product Management’s eLearning platform and suite of health and safety online courses.
The candidate will work with others to create innovative and high quality online learning. The role involves co-ordinating and managing both internal and external stakeholders and is supported by a dedicated project team.
• Stakeholder management both internal and external to include collaborating with designers, subject matter experts and producers
• Develop classroom delivered courses into engaging online courses from set learning outcomes and assessment criteria
• Be responsible for user acceptance testing, audience research gathering and lead requirements gathering with stakeholders
• Be part of the project team that implements CITB’s online training courses and ongoing development
• Research and design, in conjunction with an external content provider and internal subject matter experts, engaging online courses that are fit for purpose along with online testing and assessments.
• Ensure that all content is developed to meet the needs of the identified learner group, incorporating audience insight and user testing into the development and production process
• Knowledge of how to apply different learning styles and methodologies when creating eLearning products
• Experience as an instructional designer, working with subject matter experts, scoping content and writing storyboards/scripts
• Be able to demonstrate your experience and knowledge of creating eLearning content and products
• Highly creative with proven experience of developing creative approaches to digital learning
• An understanding of the capabilities and functionalities of eLearning tools
• Self-driven and proactive with the ability to work independently against project plans and tight timescales
• Strong people management skills and communication skills both verbal and written
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Sarah Harwood on 0300 456 7221 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is a grade D: £34,378 to £40,506 per annum