Magento 2 Back End Developer
|Posting date:||11 November 2019|
|Salary:||£30,000.00 to £45,000.00 per year|
|Closing date:||11 December 2019|
|Location:||Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 8DY|
|Company:||Hays Specialist Recruitment|
Magento 2 Back End Developer - Digital Agency - Bournemouth - Up to £40k
*Please note that my client cannot offer VISA sponsorship for this position*
Your new company
My client are an award winning agency that lives and breaths Magento. If you're a local Magento developer and want to join a company leading in this technology, then look no further! They have well over a decade of eCommerce industry experience and proven track record of creating beautifully designed and technically advanced eCommerce websites that turn browsers into buyers!
They're a great, friendly and talented team of around 25, made up of Developers, project managers, support staff, designers, marketers and sales reps. They hold a core belief that work/life balance is of the upmost importance for a happy and efficient team, actively freeing up plenty of time for social connection in the hours of what other companies might call 'overtime'.
Your new role
They are looking for an experienced and talented Back-End Magento 2 Developer to join their growing development team. You'll be working on existing client sites and also new builds from scratch. The role is a full-time permanent position. Magento 2 is used on all new build projects and in order to develop projects according to brief/instructions you'll be collaborating with differing members of the internal teams e.g. Support, Project Managers, designers.
As the role is back end focused, you'll be covering the building of custom modules, back-end functionality, third-party system integration through APIs and ongoing site bug fixing.
A breakdown of responsibilities are as follows:
- Managing tasks internally
- Helping to define requirements and project briefs
- Testing and quality control of your work
- Accurately estimating time for milestones and tasks
- Work with third-party agencies and developers
- Suggest improvements to the development process and environments
- Work within existing internal processes and develop new ones
- Produce technical documentation for complex functionality
- Helping with importing data where required
- Helping with the Magento configuration and setup
What you'll need to succeed
- Back-end development using Magento 2
- Development of custom modules
- Integration and customisation of third-party modules
- Development of APIs and third-party system integrations
- Experience of server setups for Magento
- Magento performance/security optimisation
- Experience using GIT
- Experience with WordPress is an advantage
- Magento certifications would also be beneficial
What you'll get in return
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 1 extra day to go and tick something off your bucket list
- Private health care
- Flexible start/finish times
- Perkbox discounts
- Learning/training tools and budget
- Funky town centre office with pool table and table tennis
- Kitchen and dining area with unlimited drinks
- Monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc social events
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.