Web Designer & Creative UX
|Posting date:||11 November 2019|
|Salary:||£20,000 to £22,500 per year|
|Closing date:||11 December 2019|
POSITION: Web Designer & Creative UX
SALARY: £20,000 to £22,500 pa
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Free Parking
HOURS: Full-time, Permanent
LOCATION: Grimethorpe, Barnsley, S72 7BA
Our client is a market-leading national distributor with various Business to Business and Business to Consumers websites.
Due to ongoing success the company is actively seeking a Web Designer & Creative UX. The successful candidate will join the experienced Online team in the company’s modern purpose-built Distribution Centre at Park Springs, Grimethorpe, Barnsley.
You will be working alongside the Head of Online and SEO Content Strategist. Together, you will be constantly monitoring and analysing user intent and behaviour in order to improve UX and conversions. You will take an active part in testing, ensuring the correct functionality and page loading times on all platforms.
You will also be involved in creating email marketing campaigns, improving click through and deliverability for all devices (Currently using Mailchimp and Dotdigital).
The role will also require help with producing video content. This is a non-mandatory skill however past experience in video editing is a bonus.
This fantastic opportunity is tailored for any individual who wants to build on their skills and progress in e-Commerce.
• Sketching and building responsive designs on multiple CMS
• Enhancing the customer journey
• Creating email marketing campaigns
• Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
• Working with adaptive/responsive display Frameworks / PWA
• Agile collaboration tool (ie Trello)
• Keeping the Online team at the forefront of new design trends
• Version control (ie. Git)
• Website testing
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Educated to degree level in a marketing or design-related degree
• Proficient with Adobe software packages; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro (optional), After Effects (optional)
• Experience in using Bootstrap 3/4 or similar framework
• JS Framework is a bonus (ie. Knockout JS / React JS)
• Knowledge of Linux Server Administration (Nginx)
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Web design, UX, Design, HTML, CSS, MailChimp, Dotdigital, Trello, Git, Adobe