General Inpatients Therapy Team Lead (Intermediate Care)
|Posting date:||09 November 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£37,570 to £43,772 pa|
|Closing date:||21 November 2019|
|Location:||Plymouth, PL4 7QD|
37.5 hours per week – Permanent.
Closing date: 21st November 2019.
We are excited to welcome applications from Occupational Therapists or Physiotherapists with experience in and passion for intermediate care and urgent care.
Livewell Local Care Centre provides in patients intermediate care for, people who are recovering from illness or injury. We are currently part the ‘People First’ programme and Kingfisher ward is Livewell Southwest’s first Model area.
We are embarking on a journey to become nationally recognised as an area of excellence and are seeking a highly motivated person to compliment the Senior Leadership team in providing innovative and person centered intermediate care.
We would love to hear from highly motivated therapists with who can fulfill the following criteria:
The leadership element of this role is essential and candidates must be able to demonstrate their skills to:
- Be a role model / effective and visible leader leading and promoting a person centred positive risk taking ‘home first’ approach.
- Exercise leadership skills to act as a catalyst for change.
- Develop and co-ordinate effective team working within an established multi-professional team
- Communicate on a regular basis with team regarding trust objectives, plans & business developments
- Be innovative and creative / open to new ways of working
- Be able to inspire and empower the team to be creative and challenge process for the benefit of the person
This is an ideal opportunity for a motivated and experienced Therapist to drive the improvement and success of this service.
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.