Bank Sexual Health Nurse
|Posting date:||08 November 2019|
|Additional salary information:||TBD|
|Closing date:||21 November 2019|
|Location:||Chester, CH1 4DS|
BANK Sexual Health Nurse
Are you looking for flexible NHS bank opportunities to fit around your lifestyle? Do you want to decide when and where you work, and where currently 94% of those using our services would recommend us to care for their friend or family? If so, this could be the place for you.
As a Bank Sexual Health Nurse, you’ll be working as part of the NHS and Local Authority system in Cheshire where we deliver services across Chester.
As well as the attractive hourly rates of pay and out of hours’ enhancements, you’ll benefit from:
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 91% of our services being rated overall good by the CQC
- Flexible hours either full time or part time, allowing you to achieve the best work / life balance
- Opportunities to work in different areas and various different services to gain new knowledge and experience
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Free statutory and mandatory training, as well as access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, continuing your professional development
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- Access to NHS discount and access to information on permanent vacancies etc as well as extras such as free hot and cold drinks.
At our Cheshire West and Chester Sexual Health Service, you will be responsible for providing support, advice, information, education and health promotion to patients attending the sexual health department. This includes patients diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections. Working within a multidisciplinary team, the health advisers provide support to other clinical staff with patients requiring more extensive support. Health advisers coordinate the management, delivery and follow up of positive results. Health advisers assess psychosocial needs and provide crisis support for patients with complex issues.
“Here at Virgin Care, colleague recognition is important to us and we know that across our services there are colleagues who deserve acknowledgment for their commitment for going above and beyond to ensure that their colleagues and service users feel the difference.”
As a bank Sexual Health Nurse you will be working within the nursing team, you will work with the service manager, and clinical lead to deliver robust clinics.
We partner with the NHS and Local Authorities to deliver services which make a positive difference to the people working in them and relying on them. We don’t run private clinics, and Richard Branson has confirmed that if and when we make a profit in the future, he’ll re-invest it back into those services. In fact, we’ve never made a profit from publicly funded services and Virgin Group has invested £60m of additional funding which has helped ensure we can deliver high quality, sustainable and modern services and support the communities we serve.
Feel the Difference
If you are a Sexual Health Nurse who is NMC registered and has a strong background in sexual health, family planning or primary care we’d love to talk to you about having you join the team.
If you’d like to discuss the role further, or request the full job description, please contact Brad Barnard our Recruitment Advisor via email: Bradley.Barnard@virgincare.co.uk
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.