Clinical Lead AHP | Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
|Posting date:||22 October 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£37,570 - £43,772 pro rata|
|Closing date:||21 November 2019|
|Location:||Canterbury, CT1 1AZ|
|Company:||Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust|
It’s an exciting time to join us: KMPT has been rated Outstanding for Caring and Good overall in our most recent CQC inspection in January 2019!
Are you an aspirational, highly experienced Occupational Therapist with an uncompromising set of clinical standards, and an absolute passion for the best possible patient outcomes?
We have a clear and ambitious Allied Health Professions strategy for which we are seeing the impact already and we are therefore seeking to appoint 0.6WTE Band 7 Occupational Therapist Clinical Lead to join our existing Occupational Therapy leadership team.
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist who is uncompromising with regards to professional standards, creative, enthusiastic, passionate about the well-being of Younger Adults with Mental Health needs in the community and keen to develop and hone skills which will truly enhance and revitalise professional practice. This role demands a clear focus on professional clinical leadership.
Along with the Occupational Therapy Leadership team, the role will be supporting and providing clinical leadership for Occupational Therapists working within the KMPT Community Recovery Care Group. This includes Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT’s), Early Intervention in Psychosis, Rehabilitation and Vocational Rehabilitation. Initially the post will be supporting CMHTs in Medway and Thanet however as needs and priorities change the post holder will have the flexibility to work across Kent and Medway and with different teams.
In this role you will be an innovator, and the kind of person that our occupational therapists aspire to be. You will be approachable and friendly, and at the same time hold yourself and others to account to deliver the best possible service, all of the time.
In order to be considered for this post you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
• Minimum of 3 years posts registration experience in Mental Health including group skills
• Previous management experience
• Advanced supervisory and appraisal skills
• Advanced clinical experience and knowledge
• Experience of liaising with a variety of stakeholders
• Planning and decision making skills
• Good knowledge of clinical governance and how you can contribute towards this
• Advanced communication skills
• Leadership skills – ability to guide and motivate others in clinical aspects and through periods of change
• Example of contribution to service development.
• Able to lead or willing to learn about Quality improvement (QI) methodology
If you are seeking a new challenge and are interested in becoming part of this forward thinking and innovative Team then we want to talk to you.
What we can offer you:-
• Career development with our comprehensive range of training & development opportunities to enhance your skills
• Strong Supportive Management committed to provide 1-1 support to advance personal development.
• Relocation Support if you are moving to the area dependent on your circumstances
We take pride in our services – which are underpinned by our values: - Respect - Openness - Accountability - Working together - Innovation - Excellence
This post is subject to a six months probationary period for candidates external to the Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust.
Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
This advert closes on Tuesday 5 Nov 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.