Support Assistant Nights
|Posting date:||22 November 2019|
|Salary:||£18,962.5 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£18,962 pro-rata|
|Closing date:||21 December 2019|
|Location:||Camden, NW1 7HE|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Waking Support Assistant Nights
Salary: £18,962 pro-rata
Hours: 7 day rota, 3 x 12 hour shifts, 8:30pm – 8:30am
Are you ready to start making a real difference?
We are seeking a Support Assistant with a genuine interest in care and support, we are seeking to recruit into a team offering a fantastic working environment.
- Provide waking night staff cover at the service on a rota basis including weekend shifts.
- Ensure that the project adheres to all the standards set out by One Support.
- Participate in handovers with the day staff at the start and end of each shift.
- Complete and coordinate nightly patrols in and out of the building (where required) to maintain high standards of security and to attend to customers night time needs.
- Take all reasonable precautions for the health and safety of the project including implementing the fire procedure, room checks and health and Safety Inspections.
- Carry out welfare checks on customers as necessary throughout the night
- Annual leave
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable adults, whether in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- Previous experience working with homeless people desirable but not essential.
- Ability to manage and maintain administration and recording systems.
One Support, part of One Housing, provide support to a wide range of people, including young people, people with mental health problems, ex-offenders, and people with substance misuse problems. We provide services to people living in our properties, and also in their own homes – not necessarily those owned by One Housing. Our services include Floating Support, Supported Housing, Mental Health services and Young People’s services.
Closing date for applications 25/10/2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.