Data & Analytics Analyst
|Posting date:||19 October 2019|
|Closing date:||18 November 2019|
|Location:||Croydon, CR9 5PB|
|Company:||Royal Bank of Scotland Group|
We're looking for a Data & Analytics Analyst to join us in Croydon or Birmingham
- This is an opportunity for an Analyst to join us in Commercial & Private Banking (CPB), Data & Analytics
- You'll be working alongside the CPB business team to interpret and influence business needs through the delivery of work stacks that contribute towards commercial and strategic objectives of the CPB business
- It's a chance to hone your existing analytical skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
In this role, you'll proactively support stakeholders through a customer focused approach to analytics to deliver simple and effective solutions to complex problems.
You'll champion analytics and data to successfully make a positive and demonstrable impact across stakeholders and help embed data in daily decision making.
You'll also be:
- Ensuring the delivery of a work stack through the effective management of skills and resources
- Using your analytical skills to develop appropriate solutions to business problems
- Packaging and presenting analytical insights with clarity and conveying complex technical information in an appropriate manner
- Embedding the adoption of new and emerging data solutions
- Building strong stakeholder relationships from across multiple franchises and functions as well as with peers from across the Data & Analytics community
The skills you'll need
You'll need a proven track record of stakeholder management and engagement, as well as good knowledge of the Commercial Banking business model, markets and products.
You'll also need:
- Experience in the use of SAS and SQL
- Conceptual understanding of how data and tools can be used to solve complex business problems
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record of being able to manage your own workstack and project deliveries
- A high level of drive and personal commitment to success
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.