|Posting date:||18 October 2019|
|Closing date:||17 November 2019|
|Location:||Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX20 1TU|
37.5 Hours per week
Competitive Salary + benefits
12 months FTC
Please contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
My client are a leading manufacturing and innovator of medical devices, and their products offer solutions to life-saving medical care. We are recruiting for a quality officer to assist with their workload and plans going forward.
You have overall responsibility for delivering and hands on manage one or more projects to agreed time, cost and quality, controlling any changes to scope, deliverables and delivery strategy.
You liaise and negotiate with sales, customers, product marketing, operations, industrialisation, R&D and other key stakeholders in order to maximise the delivery efficiency and rewards from your projects and to map out and gain buy in for the delivery strategy and plan for your project(s).
- Ownership of the overall delivery of your programme:
Leading from the front, do whatever it reasonably takes to ensure delivery of your project(s), to time cost and quality targets whilst also ensuring support of all associate colleagues in the delivery of their programmes, projects and other activities and maintaining full compliance with Quality Management Systems, Project Governance Processes, company strategic objectives and customer agreements.
- Establish and agree the complete project scope and strategy ensuring that it equates to any related commercial agreement(s).
- Working with the team and other key stakeholders, develop and manage a live and up to date MS Project plan for all project activities.
- Negotiate and agree OM and contract resource allocation to your project(s) and contract your planned activities with the assigned resource.
- Maintain overall delivery responsibility for all aspects of your project including responsibility to ensure that contracted activities are completed to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Ensure technical oversight arrangements are agreed and enacted with departmental / resource managers. Ensure pro-active technical escalation by the team.
- Establish, maintain and adhere to milestone trackers and associated cost schedules and ensure that project costs (including hours) are accurately forecast, captured in a timely manner and passed to the account manager.
- Set up and control Issue Logs and Action Logs. Proactively manage project risks and contingency, working with the project team and other stakeholders to develop and enact recovery plans where required.
- Manage project change to ensure that any changes to specifications, project scope, deliverables, costs or timing requested by the customer or due to project discovery are identified and managed through the project change request process, ensuring commercial alignment before making customer commitments.
- Liaise closely with the relevant Commercial and Account Manager(s) and attend client meetings, telephone calls and presentations as and where reasonably required. Organise, chair and minute internal and client project review meetings and Design Review meetings as required.
- No direct reports, but day to day leadership of project team as described above and escalation to Departmental Managers when necessary. Supervision of assigned project management support associates on a day to day basis.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Comprehensive experience of project management
- Repeat experience of managing complex industrialisation / scale up projects preferably in a regulated environment (ideally medical devices) and preferably in a plastic moulding and automated assembly environment.
- Demonstrated impeccable customer relations, negotiation and interpersonal relationship building expertise.
- Strong commercial acumen with an understanding of project contracts.
- Equally comfortable working through a technical challenge with the design, engineering or manufacturing teams, as you are negotiating project deliverables with sales and marketing and customer and presenting to customers and the executive.
- You know that project delivery is as much about people as it is about process, you have gravitas and excellent interpersonal skills, your stakeholder and delivery teams respect you and you know how to bring a diverse team together, how to motivate them and how to make the team experience enjoyable whilst repeatedly delivering on time, cost and quality.
- Previous experience in medical devices (preferable) or experience of delivering projects in a regulated environment.
Experience in a high volume manufacturing scale up environment.
- Flexibility in hours including the possibility of evening customer calls
Willingness to travel from time to time
- Communication skills - ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels
- Presentation skills - ability to communicate clearly and explain where required