|Posting date:||18 October 2019|
|Closing date:||17 November 2019|
|Company:||Westray Recruitment Consultants|
WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking to recruit a Process Engineer to commence a permanent role for our prestigious client based in Cramlington. As well as being a market leader within the pharmaceutical sector, this organisation also places people at the forefront of the business and they are committed to providing career pathways and opportunities for self-development. This organisation has excellent retention with the average length of service across the business being 16 years. With an excellent track record and world class service offering, forged through years of proving they can deliver, the organisation has built strong customer relationships in the UK, US and Europe and they have a growing presence in Asian markets, including Japan.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- To carry out process engineering design, costing, procurement, installation, hand-over and commissioning of new capital/revenue projects and provide technical support to manufacturing facilities and new business development
- Establish design proposals within legislation, safety, quality and environmental standards
- Take full part in HSE studies and accident/incident investigation as appropriate
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
- Conduct HSE audits/risk assessments
- Conduct HAZOP studies as a Team Member or HAZOP Study Leader
- Ensure compliance with COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) where relevant to his/her area of responsibility
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Carry out detailed process engineering design studies for capital/revenue projects and new product introduction
- Develop project scope and detailed design specifications
- Specify and select new process equipment
- Develop and agree control philosophy
- Conduct feasibility studies to support product expansion and new business development
- Support production in optimisation, operational troubleshooting and project commissioning
- Carry out project management, project engineering, cost estimation and cost control activities on appropriate projects
- Revise and prepare appropriate standards and procedures as required
- Where appropriate co-ordinate multidisciplinary engineering resources to meet specific project goals
- Where appropriate act in project leader role to execute specific projects/studies
- Where appropriate supervise activities of junior engineers or external resources to meet project requirements
- Deliver projects within capital expenditure forecasts
Contacts & Relationships :
- Regular contact at all levels within and across the company
- Liaise with external customers regarding new business proposals and project progress
- Contact with vendors and suppliers
- Contact with regulatory and legislative agencies
Other Important Factors:
- Tasks and levels of responsibility for activities will be dependent upon experience and competence of individual
- Projects which do not meet schedule/performance specification can have serious implications with customer, profitability and future growth
- Quality of design impacts upon process safety, environmental standards and compliance
Supervision Received :
- Reports to Process Engineering Manager on a regular basis
- Degree of supervision will be dependent upon competence and experience of individual
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Graduate chemical engineer as a minimum requirement
- Good technical knowledge and application skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Organisation and management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Name: Tony Hutchinson
- Email: AppyNow.email@example.com
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent role working day shift hours. This position comes with 25 days holiday and pension.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This role comes with a salary befitting of the position and enables excellent earning potential.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to our Engineering Manager Tony Hutchinson who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Tony on 0191 492 6622 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.