Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychologist
|Posting date:||29 November 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£44,800|
|Closing date:||19 December 2019|
|Location:||Weston-super-Mare, BS22 9UZ|
We are currently recruiting a Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke is a CQC rated ‘Good’ 58 bedded service that provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The service has 5 wards to include; Male PICU, Female ACUTE, Female Low Secure, Female Personality Disorder and Female High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation.
The post-holder will work closely with the Head of Psychology and have a key role in providing specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, individual and group therapy.
This role will be working as part of an established inter-disciplinary team comprising of; a Consultant Psychiatrist, a Specialty Doctor, an Occupational Therapist, a Social Worker, Nurses and Health Care Support Workers. You will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area and provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
As a HCPC Registered Psychologist, you will have a pivotal role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists, Volunteers and Psychology Trainees / Students on site. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development along with the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
You will have…
- A Doctorate Level Qualification (BPS route or equivalent) in Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychology along with HCPC Registration OR be within 3 months of obtaining HCPC Registration
- Experience within adult mental health and knowledge of psychological assessment, treatment and therapies
- The ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Training and supervision experience
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Salary: in the region of £44,800 (Depending on Experience)
- Company pension scheme
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- Free meals
- Internal / external CPD and research opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Opportunities to train in additional therapies, broaden experience and enhance service development
Contracted hours: up to 40 per week between Monday to Friday.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.