|Posting date:||16 October 2019|
|Salary:||£8.25 per hour|
|Closing date:||15 November 2019|
|Location:||Corby, NN17 1AD|
|Company:||Avery Healthcare Group|
Do you want to join a company that cares? When joining Avery you can expect:
* highly competitive rates of pay * instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
Bank hours- shift pattern - To be discussed in interview but will include weekend and bank holiday cover
£8.25 per hour
Glenmoor House,located in Corby,are currently recruiting foran ambitious and committed team player to join us as Kitchen Assistant.As Kitchen Assistant, you will assist with food preparation, maintaining a clean environment, facilitating the safe production of beverages and meals in support of the Hotel Services team, ensuring a high-quality and comprehensive service is delivered to residents.
You will ideally hold a Food Hygiene Certificate, alongside experience within a catering environment.
This role will require you to work shifts on a rota to include weekends.
The key responsibilities of our Kitchen Assistant include:
- Carry out all cleaning duties in the kitchen area in accordance with the work schedule including:
- Preparation of food including vegetables, salads, omelettes and sandwiches.
- General cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen area, equipment and appliances.
- Receiving, checking and safely storing kitchen deliveries.
- Understand the principles of safe food handling, to ensure all food preparations undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
- Understand the cleaning requirements of different surfaces and equipment and the properties of cleaning materials, to ensure the areas are well presented and maintained in good condition.
- Report on the supply and quality of items used to carry out tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Develop and maintainpositive relationships with allresidents, family,visitors and colleagues.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider,committedto delivering the highest standards of person centred care.
We are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.
The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.