Part Time Support Worker (Naseby)
|Posting date:||16 November 2019|
|Salary:||£8.30 per hour|
|Closing date:||15 December 2019|
We need dedicated Support Workers to work with adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs. You do not need experience, as we will fully train you to ensure you have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
Being a support worker means you are integral to the day to day lives of the people you support, helping them with various activities such as assistance with personal care, household chores, meal preparation, leisure activities, social inclusion and maintaining health and well-being.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Be the difference, change lives!
If you would like a fulfilling and flexible career that will make a difference to people apply today.
Skills & Experience
You will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.
Support work offers you a chance to make a genuine difference to people’s lives and no day will be the same!
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
- Earn up to £(21,000)* per year as a Support Worker with Affinity Trust (*based on 37.5 hours per week at £8.30 per hour, 7.5 hours average additional over-time per week, plus 1 sleep in per week at the rate of £30.90)
*pro rata for part time staff
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.