|Posting date:||01 February 2020|
|Additional salary information:||£23.50 per hour|
|Closing date:||27 March 2020|
|Location:||The Meadows, KT19 8GT|
Job Title and Grade: Clinical Psychologist
Location/Trust: Surrey and Borders Partnership Trust
Department Covered: The Meadows
Pay Rates: £23.50 per hour
Placement Ref/ID: 31277
Are you a Clinical Psychologist with handful of experience in community for Older People? Don’t stretch yourself…join the bank for flexibility in how you work.
Would you like to be part of a team that has a real supportive and inclusive ethos and sense of community, in a Trust rated ‘good’ in a recent CQC report, working in a location with all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we’d love to hear from you!
We have long term placement opportunities available for Clinical Psychologist at Surrey and Borders Trust. The job will be within our Older People’s Mental Health Services and be based half time in the Community Mental Health Team for Older People of North West CMHT for Older People, Chertsey, and half time in the Spenser ward for Older People, Chertsey.
- To undertake a range of psychological therapeutic interventions, drawing on a range of psychological models and employing a range of modalities (individual, family and group) adapted and tailored to the needs of the individual and the context, and to undertake ongoing evaluation of the outcome of the interventions. To undertake treatments recommended by NICE guidelines, as appropriate, and to keep up to date with relevant developments in the practice of CBT and other recommended treatments.
- To carry out comprehensive assessments, plan, implement and evaluate delivery of psychology interventions as part of a holistic approach working in a variety of settings.
- Ensuring a high quality, holistic approach to the care and support provided to older people, their families and carers
You will join a supportive psychology service for older people working in and across Surrey and Borders. Work colleagues include clinical & counselling psychologists, music and drama therapists and assistant psychologists.
To apply for this post, you will:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology qualification or equivalent
- To ensure that the healthcare needs of older people are communicated to team manager / professional lead/ care practitioner.
- Ability to drive and owner of car
- 6 months experience of working with older people with mental health difficulties and dementia (can be pre-qualification)
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.