Bank HCA for Student Nurses
|Posting date:||02 November 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£9.02 per hour|
|Closing date:||30 November 2019|
|Location:||Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Poole, Dorset, BH15 2JB|
Bank HCA for Student Nurses
Are you currently a student nurse? Joining the nurse bank as an HCA can be a great way to gain valuable knowledge and experience in acute clinical areas and give you the opportunity to work flexibly around your studies. As a bank HCA, you will be working across our adult inpatient wards or the outpatients department.
The other benefits to working on the nurse bank are:
- First choice of available shifts
- Paid annual leave entitlement
- Enrolment in the NHS pension scheme
In order to apply for this role, you must:
- Be studying at University for a Registered Nurse qualification
- Have started your first clinical placement which must be within an acute hospital setting
- Be a reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to adapt to changing situations
If you fit the above specification, we would love to hear from you.
*** IMPORTANT NOTES FOR APPLICANTS ***
- Please put the contact details of your placement mentor and a Uni tutor as your referees
- All other students (mental health, paramedic science etc or those studying health and social care at college) should apply to our healthcare assistant advert (job ref. 428-ATR8600)
Candidates should be advised that if they are successful in obtaining a position, they will be required to provide the following on their occupational health form:
- Documented evidence of dates of 2 MMR Vaccinations and or serology (blood test) confirming immunity to Measles and Rubella
- Confirmation of a history of Varicella (Chickenpox Infection) and /or having 2 Varicella Vaccination or evidence of a or serology (blood test ) confirming immunity to Varicella (Chickenpox)
If candidates are not coming from any countries known to be high risk for TB before entering the UK, further tests and update for TB /BCG vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination can be done and commenced when they arrive and their clearance will not be dependent on this initially, as long as they can provide requested evidence for the first 2 points above.
Please note: if this job requires you to have a DBS check to enable you to properly fulfil the requirements of the job, on appointment you will be required to repay the cost of obtaining a DBS check and this amount will be reclaimed from your salary.
Closing Date: 30/11/2019
For further details / informal visits contact:
Temporary staffing office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 01202 44 2183
Emma Randall: email@example.com