Assistant Solutions Engineering Designer
|Posting date:||21 September 2019|
|Closing date:||21 October 2019|
|Location:||Coventry, Westliche Midlands, CV4 8HS|
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of homes and businesses here in the UK. It’s incredibly complex work. It takes the talents of thousands of people to do what we do. Yet our vision is a simple one. We want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We’re doing that by making energy cleaner and simpler to understand. We’re also doing it by being genuinely helpful people and treating our customers fairly.
At E.ON we are passionate about bringing energy solutions to UK businesses. We work with businesses to help them transition to a more sustainable energy model with tailored propositions that suit their needs. To support us along this journey we currently have a range of roles available for talented individuals who can bring a mixture of knowledge and forward thinking to help further evolve our solutions business. We currently have over 30 exciting live schemes in a range of on-site generation and energy efficiency technologies which will ensure a challenge for any individual. Be it CHP, biomass boilers, new pump technologies or PV, we’re leading the way in developing solutions fit for the future.
Right now, we’re looking for a talented Designer to join our project design teams. Reporting to the Lead Designer you will be tasked with developing concept ideas provided by Development Engineers into more detailed designs ready to go out to tender, with the support of the rest of the design team. This will include evaluating and developing concept designs in to ‘For Construction’ level detail or developing performance briefs to a good standard for equitable tender evaluation, using all industry standard software tools. The role will include site time in ensuring quality standards are maintained and that the ‘as commissioned’ status of a scheme supports the original design concepts and offers smooth handover to the client.
Working closely with Sales, Development Engineers, Project Managers, HSSE and external consultants you will utilise your technical knowledge to provide support throughout the process. You will also work closely with other Design team members, sharing knowledge, and developing your experience set for future progression including by seeking advice from those with more profound knowledge in specific areas, supply partners and where necessary academic institutions.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional engineer to take the next step in their career and make a huge difference to one of the world’s foremost energy suppliers, and personal support will be available in all development aspects.
- Engineering / design skills and related experience with proven track record on variety of energy and/or M&E schemes.
- Appropriate engineering qualifications from a recognised academic provider
- Willingness to work within a team and continuously improve and to learn from mistakes.
- Working knowledge of standard and more advanced PC software tools (such as MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, modelling software, etc) and the ability and willingness to learn working with new software tools.
- Substantial knowledge of current legislation with regards to HSSE, construction and services installation (notably everything relevant for design), including CDM responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of the commercial impact of activities.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with colleagues, contractors, customers and senior managers.
- A level of technical knowledge and recent design history of M&E engineering in an industrial of BSEE environment.
- In-depth knowledge about any other lot relevant for proposed projects (construction, civil engineering, services installation, IT, etc.) preferable.
- Full UK driving licence.
E.ON is committed to equal opportunities and actively promotes diversity, equality and flexibility.