Ward Housekeeper | The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||20 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£17,652-£19,020 per annum pro rata including HCA|
|Closing date:||20 October 2019|
|Location:||Hillingdon, UB8 3NN|
|Company:||The Hillingdon Hospital|
(This is a catering role providing patient meals and completing general ward cleaning duties)
Hillingdon Hospital, Uxbridge
Band 2 Salary: £17,652-£19,020 per annum pro rata
Plus High Cost Area Allowance: £3,722 per annum pro rata
Post hours range from 15 up to a maximum of 35 per week
At Hillingdon Hospital, our vision is to be the best general hospital in the country and to put compassionate care, safety and quality at the heart of everything we do. We are clear that our Vision can only be achieved by our staff who are our most valuable asset.
Our Facilities department provide a range of support services across the Hospital including cleaning and housekeeping. These services help play a vital role in ensuring all areas of our hospital achieve excellent standards of cleanliness, catering and hygiene. We are now recruiting part time housekeepers to join our friendly and professional team.
Our Housekeepers work on our hospital wards with responsibility for monitoring and maintaining our high standards of cleanliness and catering including:
• maintaining upkeep of patient bed areas and toilets
• assisting patients with appropriate meal selections
• monitoring and maintaining ward cleanliness and ensuring the ward is safe, clean and tidy at all times **All applicants who have been shortlisted for Interview will be contacted via NHS Jobs via e-mail so please check your e-mails regularly.Please note that all candidates at risk in London and going through the NHS London Redeployment scheme are to be given priority as part of the recruitment process where their application meets the essential criteria for the role.
• For more information please call Recruitment on 01895 279556.
• Please note that applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK.
• We offer flexible hours, a full range of benefits, on-site nursery facilities (5% discount for staff) and restaurant as well as a wide range of training and career development opportunities.
• You are advised to read the attached job description and person specification before you submit you’re on line application.
• For this role you will need some previous experience of working in either a catering or housekeeping role as well as excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Basic food hygiene and COSHH knowledge is desirable but not essential. It is also important that you are able to work on your
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust has a Smoke-Free Policy. Smoking will not be permitted on any of the Trust’s premises (including the grounds that those premises are sited on) or in any Trust owned vehicle.
***PLEASE NOTE CLOSING DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THEREFORE ONCE A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF
APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED THE VACANCY MAY BE CLOSED DOWN**
Closing date: 2ndOctober
Interview date: 10thOctober
This advert closes on Wednesday 2 Oct 2019