Staff Nurse - Acute Frailty Unit | Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||20 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£24,214 - £30,112 pa|
|Closing date:||20 October 2019|
|Location:||Winchester, SO22 5DG|
|Company:||Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust|
This role is open to newly qualified nurses supported by a great preceptorship programme. We pride ourselves on having an environment where your development matters.
Staff NurseAcute Frailty Unit– Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Location:Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Role Description: Responsible for assessment, nursing care and discharge planning for frail older people within a bay and side rooms.
Flexible working patterns will considered for all nursing applicants! What we look for:
• Enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary team
• A passion for providing quality care for older people living with frailty
• An ability to communicate in a flexible and creative way with vulnerable older people and their carers
• Demonstrate empathy for patients with complex care needs and their carers
We value all backgrounds. This role is open to newly qualified nurses supported by a great preceptorship programme. We pride ourselves on having an environment where your development matters
What we Offer:
• An exciting opportunity to participate in the ongoing development of an acute frailty unit
• Ongoing professional development in a supportive friendly team
• Development of acute clinical skills and complex problem solving
• Your life outside HHFT is important and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements; this can be discussed at interview
Who we are:The Acute Frailty Unit is a specialist care environment designed to provide acute admission care for people living with frailty. Patients remain with us for up to 72hrs within which they have a comprehensive geriatric assessment and care plan. We liaise with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate early supported discharge.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.
This advert closes on Monday 7 Oct 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.