Part-Time Domestic Assistant at Figbury Lodge in Poole
|Posting date:||20 September 2019|
|Salary:||£8.21 per hour|
|Closing date:||20 October 2019|
|Location:||Canford Heath, Poole, BH17 8UE|
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for a Domestic Assistant to assist in the quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work hard to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Current Contracts Available -
16-20 hours per week
Will include alternative weekends. 8AM starts.Main responsibilities
Essential Skills & Duties of a Domestic Assistant:
- The ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness of the service and Laundry causing minimal disruption to our services users and their care;
- You will use a variety of cleaning products paying particular attention to COSHH regulated products;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
We do not ask for experience of working in a similar role before, although having previous experience in a busy environment as a cleaner or domestic assistant would be an advantage. As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.About the company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards, and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling