Band 6 Social Worker
|Posting date:||20 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£15.55|
|Closing date:||25 October 2019|
|Location:||Etrop Court, 25 Rowlandsway, Wythenshawe, M22 5RG|
Job Title and Grade: Band 6 Social Worker
Location/Trust: Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS FT, Etrop Court, 25 Rowlands way, Wythenshawe, M22 5RG.
Department Covered: Later Life CMHT - South Mcr
Pay Rates: Monday to Friday £15.55
Placement Ref/ID: 31084
Would you like to be part of a team that has a real supportive and inclusive ethos and sense of community, in a Trust rated ‘Outstanding’ in a recent CQC report, working in a location with all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we’d love to hear from you!
We have long term placement opportunities available for Band 6 Social Worker available at Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Trust specifically providing the following:
- Assess and monitor the mental health and social care needs of service users and carers as part of an integrated team, sharing information in an appropriate and secure manner using both electronic and paper-based systems.
- To carry out appropriate review or re-assessment of individuals and/or carers as required.
- Provide care co-ordination under CPA and demonstrate its implementation in providing individualised care which is recovery and goal focused.
- Convene and attend meetings in accordance with S117 and CPA requirements. Lead on ensuring social care aftercare provisions and legislative requirements under S117 are met.
- Work with and support services users who are parents using a Think Family approach. Have understanding of Children Act 1989 and 2004, local and national policies and practice guidance and respond appropriately when identifying concerns relating to the welfare of children.
For a full description of duties lease see the Job Description.
Later Life CMHT department has an enviable reputation, great supportive team with a family feel. The post holder here will be pivotal in providing the best level of quality care to varying departments and their patients needs.
Excellent transport links mean their location is commutable from around the city. They also offer a shuttle bus service running from the local mainline train station.
To apply for this post, you will:
- The post holder will be an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) or willing to undertake the relevant training, and will carry out the statutory duties of an AMHP in accordance with the relevant legislation and policies.
- The post holder will report to the Team Manager for day to day management. Professional social work supervision will be provided by a Senior Social Worker.
- The post holder will aim at all times to promote the independence and well-being of older people; to assist social inclusion and valued community presence and to enable the widest possible expression of chosen lifestyle.
- The post holder will have Relevant professional qualification, DipSW, BA, MA Social Work, CQSW, be Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and have approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) status or willingness to undertake this training.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Apply (if applicable via BroadBean)
Register today for various flexible working options and long term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Gemma Prince on 07468701915or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.