Diabetes Specialist Dietitian
|Posting date:||08 October 2019|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||21 October 2019|
|Location:||London, SE1 0HF|
Oviva is a technology-enabled healthcare company founded in 2014 seeking to offer the most
accessible and high-quality care possible to people with health conditions related to diet. We believe
good health starts with nutrition and lifestyle, not with medications.
We operate in Switzerland, Germany and France as well as the UK and are backed by Europe’s
leading venture funds.
In the UK we provide services to the NHS across the country, embracing technology so that we can
provide high quality care at a lower cost.
Our services consist of:
- Digitally enabled treatment programmes for patients with specific health conditions, including relevant and engaging content and access to our smartphone app, designed to support behaviour change.
- Expert advice, support and coaching from our specialist dietitians
We can only deliver all of this with the help of our incredible and dynamic team. Having a culture
that people want to work in is very important to us and we're proud to say 96% of our team would
recommend working for Oviva. We do this by keeping our values at the forefront of everything we
do, from patient care to internal culture:
- We put the patient first
- We measure & improve
- We tackle it together
Diabetes Support Education
We are looking for a diabetes specialist dietitian to deliver a new, evidence-based type 2 diabetes structured education programme called Oviva Diabetes Support (ODS) for people living in various locations across the UK. The programme combines a core curriculum and an intensive behavioural change intervention and aligns with the NICE guidelines. ODS is a fully digital and remote, QISMET approved, diabetes education programme.
You will be providing one to one initial consultations as phone or video calls, and all patients will then be offered remote follow-up treatment using the Oviva smartphone app where they can track food / activity, ask questions, and receive text-based feedback from the dietitian on a weekly basis. Participants are led through the programme via an online portal with engaging video resources to support information delivery and behavior change coaching delivered by the HCP.
Successful candidates will have strong clinical experience including prior experience in supporting patients with diabetes and weight management, and be familiar with or show a willingness to embrace remote treatment and support. They will benefit from joining an innovative and supportive team, committed to enhancing the overall patient experience and delivering better outcomes – whilst enjoying a more flexible working model. There is an opportunity to deliver care on other programmes also including Diabetes Prevention and our new Remission 800 programme.
- Delivering one to one patient consultations remotely via phone or video calls
- Using Oviva technology to provide some remote follow-up support and coaching e.g. using the Oviva smartphone app
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date clinical records using Oviva’s secure electronic medical record system
- Work as part of a remote team of dietitians to deliver gold-standard care to patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Maintaining adequate CPD and continue to meet HCPC registration requirements
- Working in a highly autonomous manner and being responsible for appropriately managing clinical caseload.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information at all times in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and ensure that client confidentiality is protected at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- A healthcare professional that is dedicated to providing the best care for patients, putting their needs first.
- Confident in using technology to record and review patient notes and quick-to-learn in operating Oviva’s technology to support patients.
- Understanding the importance of gathering evidence and improving our processes constantly.
- Working well as a member of a team and communicating in an effective, timely and polite manner.
- Competitive rates of pay (Band 6 development role) with attractive company pension scheme.
- Full time (part time roles will be considered) and flexible working hours during the day including evenings and weekends.
- Opportunity for clinical supervision and annual appraisal to be carried out by the Clinical Team Manager.
- Opportunity to support content creation and programme development as well as delivering our other specialist programmes.
- 25 days holiday pro rata with the option of an additional 5 days unpaid leave.