Middleweight Graphic Designer
|Posting date:||07 October 2019|
|Closing date:||17 October 2019|
|Location:||Birmingham, B3 3PU|
As a Graphic Designer for our Integrated Transport team, you will be involved in a variety of work which will include bid support and infographic creation to support the team on a range of projects, proposals and presentations across the various sectors we work in. You'll work on both in-house and client corporate branded materials across a broad range of media such as creating bid documents, infographics for high level reports and bespoke publications for print and the web. Using Adobe Creative suite, you will produce print and digital finished ready artwork for brochures, reports, bids and other marketing collateral. Working with other members of the team you will support a range of other tasks associated with team activity such as help projects with various responsibilities to meet client deadlines and other project commitments.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Using your graphic design experience to produce and enhance the appearance of consultancy outputs using graphic design packages for business development opportunities and project support
- Assisting with the production of bids for new work focussing on document structure and aesthetics (often to short deadlines)
- Acting as the graphic design lead through managing and prioritising graphic design tasks which may include line management responsibilities
- Getting involved in a variety of projects in the vast array of business sectors in which Mott MacDonald operates.
Does this sound like you?
As an experienced Middleweight Graphic Designer, you have a strong portfolio showcasing your corporate print and digital graphic design skills in professional environments. You enjoy being pro-active and communicating with internal colleagues and networking with external clients. Having worked in the graphic design field, you're comfortable producing high-level infographics while working to deadlines and managing your time appropriately. Additionally, you have a keen interest in policy areas such as economic development, social policy, community development, equality and diversity, transport and health.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Graphic Design or a related subject
- Knowledge and experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign
- Competent in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ability to work in teams and engage with a variety of different colleagues of different levels and technical backgrounds
Although not essential, any professional experience working within a Consultancy environment and giving presentations would be beneficial as would strong networking skills and using social media for research and business development. As this role may involve line management responsibilities, it would be advantageous if you have previously guide and developed more early career professional members of the team. Additionally, if you have used Geographic Information system (GIS) software and motion or web enabled graphics, this would be a benefit.
A little about us
Mott MacDonald believes that integrating all aspects of transport to connect communities to services that they need is key to delivering a more economic and trusted transport system.
With experience in infrastructure design, combined with complementary economic, planning and social skills, and a global reach delivered through local teams, we offer a full connecting communities service that can address every challenge. The Integrated Transport Division has three major accounts: Aviation, Surface Transport, and Economic and Social Development.
Understanding the economic and social impacts of project and policy interventions is crucial to public and private sector clients. The Economic and Social Development team have a wealth of experience assisting evidence-based decision making, providing robust, reliable and relevant analysis to help prioritise, appraise and evaluate project and policy interventions. The team has a variety of specialists in economics, social research, GIS and analytics, graphic design, equalities and health that combine to provide a holistic understanding and actionable insight to clients. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and support them in delivering economic, social development, and transport consultancy to a variety of clients nationally and internationally.
How to apply
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application and read the full job description.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.