Business Manager - IPES - Leeds
|Posting date:||17 September 2019|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £33,000 per year|
|Closing date:||17 October 2019|
|Location:||Leeds, LS1 2BH|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Do you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team?
Great people management skills and a passion for driving performance?
Consider the role of a Business Manager at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Reed in Partnership are currently recruiting for a Business Manager/Key Workers to join our expanding team on our new IPES (Intensive Personalised Employment Support) Contract. The contract aims to support people with a disability who have complex barriers to getting back into work by offering intensive support.
Working on one of our employability contracts, you will get to see a real, tangible difference in the participants on the programme.
Your daily responsibilities would include:
- Leading and motivating a team of advisors and trainers
- Implementing strategies aimed at upskilling your local community members and overcoming barriers to employment
- Performance management, identifying skills gaps, mentoring and coaching staff
- Adherence to Key performance indicators
- Maintaining productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing Profit and Loss reports and monthly financial forecasting
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have the freedom to run your branch independently, access our wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in sales management and delivery output
- Track record of working and achieving targets (at least 1 year experience)
- Experience in people management including training and coaching
- Strong administration and IT skills
- Assertiveness, Resilience and good Decision making skills
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working with people with disabilities & complex barriers and assisting them into employment.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Interest in people and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of welfare/benefits system.
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs, Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to welfare to work.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.