Staff Nurse | Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
|Posting date:||17 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£24,214 - £30,112 pa|
|Closing date:||17 October 2019|
|Location:||Maidstone, ME16 9PH|
|Company:||Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust|
It’s an exciting time to join us: KMPT has been rated Outstanding for Caring and Good overall in our most recent CQC inspection in January 2019!
Make a Difference!
We believe in changing lives by providing excellent care that improves people’s mental health. Now is a great time to join our ‘Outstanding’ team and be part of the KMPT family. If you’re ready to take your personal and professional life to a new level, it’s time to find out more…
The Trevor Gibbens Unit specialises in the assessment and treatment of mentally disordered offenders, serving the community of Kent and a population of approximately 1.6 million. The service now provides a total of 65 beds throughout a range of clinical facilities based on patient need.
The TGU prides itself in providing an environment with real opportunities for professional development:
“I first came to the TGU as a student nurse in 2003. On qualifying in 2006 I became a substantive nurse and with the support of the unit, I have developed and progressed. I was appointed as a Team Leader in March 2008, a Clinical Nurse Manager in March 2010 and I am now the Lead Nurse for the Service Line since May 2013” Emma Bowler, Lead Nurse
At the Trevor Gibbens Unit, we are committed to include our patients in all that we do. To us this means ‘Nothing about you, without you’.
We take pride in our services which are underpinned by our values of respect, openness, accountability, working together, innovation and excellence.
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated Mental Health Nurses/Learning Disability Nurses, who have an interest in providing care to our patient group. Our promise to you as a new recruit is that we will provide you with the following:
- Preceptorship (if applicable)
- A thorough induction to the Trust and Unit
- Security Training
- Experience of working with a specialist patient group at Kent’s only NHS Regional Secure Unit
- Opportunities to progress and develop via the NHS Leadership Academy and our links with local universities and their post-grad and masters courses
- Opportunities to work in a range of clinical environments, ie ICU, Acute, Rehabilitation and Pre-Discharge
- Experience in both male and female wards
- Opportunities for progression within our Community and Court Diversion Team
- Specialist Risk Management Training
- Opportunities to co-facilitate psychology treatment groups
- Collaborative Risk Assessment Training
- Personality Disorder Training
- Team Away Days
- Trauma Informed Practice Training
- Mentorship Training
- People Management and General Management Skills Training
- Research Opportunities
- Standard Mandatory Training
- Access to our unit facilities, e.g. gym/sports access and café and free parking
Do you feel you could meet our patient’s expectations? Do you want to develop your skills, with the backing of a well-developed team and make a difference to the recovery of our patients? If the answer is yes, we want you to join our team!
To recognise your talent and experience we also offer a £1,200 ‘New Hire’ bonus for registered nursing staff joining us in a band 5 or 6 front line nursing role with direct patient care.
This post is subject to a six month probationary period for candidates external to the Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To deliver an effective service it is essential that you are able to travel between bases in a timely manner.
In the winter of 2017, we launched our new and exciting Nursing Strategy, which is attached here for your reference. Our strategy will support our registered and unregistered nursing staff to provide the best care possible to our patients and their families, whilst enjoying a long and supportive career with us here at KMPT.
This advert closes on Tuesday 1 Oct 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.