|Posting date:||17 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||17 October 2019|
|Location:||St Giles Cl, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 6AT|
Shaw healthcare are recruiting a motivated and reliable handyperson to work alongside the staff team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met. You will be a skilled and have experience in various areas of maintenance or handy work, and be able to turn your hand to any task required of you, by your Manager, within your sphere of responsibility to meet our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Maintenance Operative
- Provide effective and reliable maintenance, odd job, bedroom and communal redecoration and minor repair service to the designated home(s) to a high standard in a timely manner;
- Report with confidence to the Home Manager and carry out inspections to identify maintenance or repairs requiring attention;
- Complete weekly and daily routine checks on fire testing, water temperature testing, and maintenance of grounds including gardening work
- Maintain effective communication and be courteous with residents, care staff and visitors
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
As a Handyperson you will be required to work with a wide range of equipment and chemicals so it's important that you can stick to rules and safety instructions. The Handyperson will need to be extremely careful with tools and equipment making sure nothing poses a risk to the service users, staff and visitors.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.