Graphic Designer, BBC Wales News Operations
|Posting date:||17 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||17 October 2019|
|Location:||Cardiff, CF5 2YQ|
BBC Wales News and Current Affairs produces more than 700 hours of television programming each year covering local, national and international news. The designer is part of the BBC Cymru Wales News Visual Journalism team and will be responsible for delivering cross platform graphics accurately to tight deadlines as well as working on longer term projects.
The ability to work calmly under pressure is essential as is a keen interest in news and current affairs. The post will involve working on live television broadcasts, contributing graphic design work to other platforms and shift working. As well as mastery of Adobe and or VizRT, experience of 3D animation packages is desirable.
- Experience of live television broadcasting would be an advantage
- Ability to maintain a professional and calm manner under pressure
- Familiarity with Cinema4D (or other 3D package) would be an advantage
- Evidence of strong typographical and illustration skills
- Understand and assist production staff with templates
- Understanding of automated workflow in the production environment
- Strong story telling skills on any platform
- Good understanding of delivery to multiple devices & screen sizes
- Experience of HTML or programming helpful
- Game design experience could be an advantage
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.