Part-Time Support Worker - Oswaldthistle
|Posting date:||16 September 2019|
|Salary:||£10,060 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£10,060.21|
|Closing date:||16 October 2019|
|Location:||Lancashire, BB5 3PX|
|Company:||Alternative Futures Group|
Being a Support Worker at AFG is a hugely rewarding role and could be your first step on a long and happy career in Health & Social Care.
So, what does a Support Worker do?
We have a vision to create a world where people control their lives. Here at AFG, we pride ourselves on helping the people we support to design, develop and ‘own’ the support they receive by planning this with them; we support people to make informed choices and increase their own independence; and we support people to maintain their own health, wellbeing and living environment. These principles are really important to us.
Our Support Workers work in a variety of settings including community-based services (often supporting people in their own homes) to our Treatment & Recovery Centres.
One thing that is common across all of our services is a focus on personalised support and tailoring our services to the needs and aspirations of the people we support with a diverse range of care needs (including Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health Concerns, Complex Care, Substance Misuse issues to name a few).
We value the people that work with us…
At AFG we recognise the contribution and value that our staff make. We would not be able to provide the life changing support that we do without people like you! In return for your contribution we will support you throughout your career and we provide a wide range of employee benefits, career development (including opportunities to undertake vocational qualifications) and lifestyle support services to ensure that you too feel supported, fulfilled and valued from day one of your employment with us.
There are a few things that we look for in all of our support workers; we would need you to…
- be a good communicator (verbally and in writing)
- be patient, confident and enthusiastic about caring for others
- be able to use your own initiative
- be able to work as part of a team
- have flexibility to work a varied shift pattern to provide 24-hour support
- share our AFG values
We don’t ask for any other relevant training or a previous career in care as full training will be provided – you just need a willingness to learn and develop.
As a ‘values based’ employer, the people that work for us genuinely care about the people they support, and we are seeking likeminded people to join our AFG family. If you are passionate about caring for others and have a real desire to make a positive difference to the lives of the people we support then we would love to hear from you.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.