Community Occupational Therapist
|Posting date:||18 October 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£30,401 to £37,267 pa|
|Closing date:||03 November 2019|
|Location:||Plymouth, PL4 7QD|
37.5 hours per week – permanent.
Closing date: 3rd November 2019.
Livewell Southwest is an award winning provider of NHS health and social care services in Plymouth and NHS community health services in South Hams and West Devon. Quality care is at the heart of our philosophy to help keep people safe, well and at home.
A leader in integrated care, we continue to innovate our services into multidisciplinary teams shaped around our localities. As a social enterprise, we offer excellent terms and conditions and future career development opportunities. Our locations offer an exciting work life balance, with Dartmoor and glorious beaches on the doorstep and Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City offering culture and excellent travel links.
We are pleased to be able to advertise for a full time Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work in our fast moving Discharge to Assess team based within Livewell South West.
The Discharge to Assess team is part of a rapidly evolving intermediate care service to support, assess and rehabilitate people out of hospital and in their own environment (or that which is closest to it).
Our Discharge to Assess team is a fully integrated health and social care MDT which supports with timely hospital discharge and the evidence based ethos that ‘your own bed is the best bed’.
The role within the discharge to assess team is unique, we require staff who have qualifications and experience in OT, but are also willing to work generically.
In addition to providing therapy and rehabilitation, we expect the successful applicants to work alongside our reablement provider to prescribe and review reablement care packages thus enabling carers to work alongside the DTA team to create person centred goals.
We are looking for staff who are enthusiastic, person centred and bring new ideas to support this fantastic service.
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.