|Posting date:||09 October 2019|
|Closing date:||06 November 2019|
|Location:||London, N1 8XL|
|Company:||Royal Bank of Scotland Group|
We're looking for a Lead Architect to join us in London
- This exciting role will see you working on Mettle, a Commercial & Private Banking venture focused on business customers
- We'll look to you to lead the Architecture-Security Guild team, working closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO ) and product teams to design and implement cutting-edge technology designs across Mettle
- You'll be focused on making sure that Mettle is always at the forefront of creating and using secure technologies, driving our competitive advantage in the increasingly competitive market of digital only banks
What you'll do
Joining a new start up team who operate in an Agile environment, you'll be overseeing the design of future iterations of Mettle's architecture so that we can achieve our business goals. You'll make sure that key architecture-security initiatives are prioritised within the broader Mettle workstack, along with enabling your team to document existing architecture to create an indelible record of the architecture at Mettle and design the future state of its technology.
You'll also be:
- Balancing the documentation of the applications, data, technology and security architecture of Mettle with the implementation
- Staying up to date with all of Mettle's security practices and systems, ranging from business level security down to technology level security
- Providing feedback and presenting documentation to key stakeholders within the bank and people within the ventures
- Helping to make sure that Mettle's build matches the architecture, working with engineers to understand the implementation
- Writing working code to demonstrate the feasibility of the technical design that helps communicate the design to engineers
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll have the ability to take ideas and turn them into understandable and easily consumable diagrams, including choosing when to break them down. Along with experience of cloud-native REST architectures, you'll be able to pick-up new architectural concepts, including understanding similarities and differences between architectural styles.
On top of this, you'll have:
- A technical degree
- A clear, concise and effective written communication style
- Programming experience in any language to support your hands on prototyping ability
- Experience facing off to a large enterprise, particularly their architecture, or a security department
- The ability to develop and coach a small team
- The ability to work collaboratively across the team and wider ventures
Experience with Kubernetes and Kafka, and an understanding of how software is designed would be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .